Streamline your processes from sales opportunity to financial consolidation
As companies grow and their organisational structure becomes more complex, there’s a risk that business processes will get detached from each other. Management then loses its overview on the customer journey.
This can have serious ramifications. Consider the whole business cycle: from the moment a prospect turns into an opportunity up to the moment a sale has been closed, products or services have been delivered and payment for these products or services has been received and the revenue is recognised.
Implementing a Quote-to-Cash platform streamlines this process, links it to the overall corporate strategy, prevents revenue leakage and provides a solid, agile foundation for future growth.
Is your business transactional? Then you can benefit from Quote-to-Cash!
Quote-to-Cash is suited for any organisation that is in a transactional environment, regardless of size or industry segment:
- Enterprises engaging in a digital transformation, that wish to streamline their processes to better serve customers.
- Companies that have a complex product mix, where a typical quotation will encompass numerous products and services.
- Any organisation that manages subscriptions and subscription renewals with swaps and amendments (e.g. SaaS).
- Companies where a number of key processes are still handled manually.
- Companies that have a myriad of different back-end systems that are not connected/streamlined.
Even small companies can benefit from a Quote-to-Cash project if they depend on fast growth with agility.
Quote-to-Cash allows you to make money, and to save money
Quote-to-Cash allows an organisation to govern the end-to-end life cycle of how a customer is treated during the sales process, right through to the consolidation of accounts and the recognition of revenue related to sales. Streamlining this entire process delivers both organisational and financial benefits.
Organisational benefits will come, among others, by creating one single source of truth for the company, eliminating loopholes in the sales process and allowing employees to focus on their core task by offering them an efficient sales system.
Financial benefits will be gained through cross-selling, upselling, uplifts, renewals and faster revenue intake, and thanks to a considerable reduction in the number of errors made.
Quote-to-Cash involves the entire C-suite and organisation
Quote-to-Cash is a cross-functional scalability exercise that affects multiple departments inside an organisation. When implementing Quote-to-Cash, it is mandatory that all stakeholders and departments get involved, right from the start.
A Quote-to-Cash implementation can only be successful if the entire flow is automated and governed by the same principles. Although most Quote-to-Cash projects start from a specific challenge in Sales or in Finance, all departments need to be represented on the project team. Implementing Quote-to-Cash is of great value to different C-levels in the organisation and will benefit the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Marketing Officer.
Quote-to-Cash is not a product, but a proven methodology that can combine Salesforce solutions with third party software.
- Salesforce CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote ) is a sales execution platform for companies to provide accurate quotes/contracts/order forms by pricing any given product configuration scenario.
- Salesforce Billing is an add-on package/solution that inherits key records and information from Salesforce CPQ using the same underlying architecture.
- Vlocity offers a powerful suite of the industry-specific solution set, built on the Salesforce platform
- FinancialForce is a cloud ERP solution, built on the Salesforce platform. FinancialForce allows sales, services and finance teams to align around a single customer record.
- KBMax offers configuration software that creates visually compelling quotes.
- DocuSign CLM enables organisations to streamline the management of agreements by replacing analog and manual processes by a digital, automated workflow.
Why 4C is your preferred partner for Quote-to-Cash
- 4C is the biggest Platinum Salesforce Partner in EMEA, which certifies our expertise and gives us direct access to Salesforce
- 4C offers a broad portfolio of services, from advisory to implementation, acting as a one-stop-shop for Quote-to-Cash
- Our dedicated 4C Advisory helps with end-to-end readiness around programme roadmaps, processes and change management.
- Our consultants understand the business and speak the same language as the stakeholders in your different locations and departments
Want to know more?
Find out how Quote-to-Cash can help you make money and save money.
Being able to manage the customer revenue cycle in one system through QTC brings organisations a number of benefits. Check out our top transformational tips.
Knowing where to start when it comes to a CPQ implementation is the hardest part. Our CPQ implementation guide is here to help you navigate your way through this process.
Discover how 4C partnered with SmartFocus to help them on their digital transformation joureny and how Salesforce CPQ has transformed how they manage their billing and revenue recognition.
Are you from a nonprofit organisation?
Did you know we also have a dedicated consulting team for nonprofit organisations, 4C4U - uniquely positioned to help tackle the unique challenges. Learn more about how we help charities and nonprofits navigate through digital transformation to help them achieve their mission.