The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) territories are growing commercial hotspots. Advertising, especially mobile advertising has increased enormously in this region in recent times. Here are some noteworthy points:
- The number of internet users have almost doubled in the last five years, MENA is one of the fastest growing online markets in the world.
- Digital ad spend in 2013 reached $300 million, and is increasing at 37% per year to reach an astounding $1B in 2017.
- Mobile advertising is the fourth most popular advertising medium, contributing 7.7% to total ad spend.
- 99% of SMS messages are read within three minutes of being received, and generally, companies in the region have seen a 40% increase in revenue after launching a successful SMS marketing campaign.
The result is that phone is far more effective than the fixed Internet for reaching people in the Middle East.
MENA’S top brands are transitioning to mobile-first in-app strategies
Every company should approach marketing with a mobile-first mindset. With SMS, MMS, push messaging, and group messaging, Salesforce mobile marketing solutions help you connect with your customers to drive immediate and relevant engagement.
1. Engage via mobile messages
Engage customers in the moment, send real-time alerts, and deliver transactional notifications with easy-to-use mobile messaging. Ready-made SMS and MMS templates and a drag-and-drop interface, Salesforce lets you create any kind of mobile message — from mobile tickets and coupons to customer service updates and surveys.
2. Manage the mobile life-cycle
Run cross-channel mobile marketing campaigns with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and manage every aspect of the customer journey with a mobile-first mindset. Execute automated mobile campaigns with Journey Builder, and segment your audience for highly relevant messages with Audience Builder.
3. Build on powerful APIs
Create and automate custom mobile marketing solutions using Salesforce — such as personalised daily appointment alerts, order confirmations, and travel updates — with mobile APIs. Power real-time interactions with your customers by integrating Salesforce CRM data, marketing analytics, and other business software with mobile campaigns.